Our Family

Just the 3 of us..
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sick Baby...

So, Leah has come down with her first cold... and to you other mothers who have all gone through cold after cold, I'm sure its nothing.. but I of course cart her off to her pediatrician today for them to tell me, "It's just a cold, Mom. It needs to run its course.." Good news-- no infection (yet) but bad news is I feel like I can't do anything for her to make her comfortable..and actually, she's happy except when its time for her to sleep.. she can't breathe, and she just gets upset.. So, needless to say, Mommy didn't get much sleep either last night... Tonight before she went to bed, I suctioned out the nose (which she just loves...NOT) and gave her some tylenol in hopes that she kinda just passes out for the night! She hardly napped at all today and I know its because she can't breathe.. but anywho.. that's our news.
Needless to say, my house is a pit. You'd think that me being home from school today this afternoon I would at least get something done.. yep, nothing done. Seriously, it looks like a tornado has gone through our house.. Last night, I had a school improvement meeting so Eric watched Leah, tonight we had a booster club meeting that Leah was the main attraction at.. so dind't get much rest in there..and now she's finally sleeping with the humidifier.
Eric's been super busy (and stressed) with football and their game this week as they play a pretty good team so we are both stressed out, and its only Wednesday! So, basically, I need to hire a maid AND I am willing to pay one of my students to come and mow our lawn because oh my lord does it need it... and of course Eric's busy.. I apologize to the neighborhood for our hayfield we have going.. :)

here are some pictures after her bath tonight...

2 comments:

  1. Even after about 100 colds I still feel totally helpless when Amelia gets one!! Definitely suction and if you have those saline nose drops I have found that they work wonders if I use them enough. My dr. told me to do them every time you change a diaper for a day or two and see if that helps. Sometimes propping the crib up a little helps too. It's SO not fun though!!

    If it makes you feel any better our house looks like a hurricane went through it as well. I'm hoping the long weekend will give me time to clean.... we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope she's feeling better. Lily had a temp today of 102.5! Great, but a little tylenol and motrin helped. She is tugging at hers ears so we may be off to the Dr. tomorrow. great!

    ReplyDelete